Steps to Take Following a Grocery Store Accident in Florida
Grocery shopping is a typically mundane task. However, it is possible for individuals to be injured in a grocery store accident. If you have been recently injured after being involved in a slip and fall grocery store accident, it is important that you retain the services of an experienced Florida personal injury attorney who will work to recover the compensation you deserve. To learn more about filing a claim after a grocery store accident, continue reading.Get Your Case Started
What are the most common causes of grocery store accidents?
Accidents are caused by many factors, many of which are due to negligent grocery store management and staff. The most common causes of grocery store accidents include the following:
- Falling products
- Unsafe parking lot conditions
- Unattended items on the floor
- Debris that has been left unattended
Can I recover compensation after a grocery store accident?
You may be able to recover compensation for your physical, financial, and emotional burdens by filing a personal injury claim. By retaining the services of an experienced personal injury attorney, they will be able to assist you in recovering the following damages after a grocery store accident:
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Medical expenses
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
What steps should I take after a grocery store accident?
If you have been injured in a grocery store accident, you must have a plan. Take the following steps after you have been injured to increase your chances of filing a successful future claim:
- Alert the store owner so that they will be able to create a report of the incident.
- Call 911. The police will document the accident with a police report and bring medical assistance to the scene.
- Seek immediate medical treatment.
- Collect all medical documentation relating to your treatment. These documents should include the date of the incident and the severity of your injuries.
- Photograph the scene and any hazards that may have played a part in the accident.
- Retain the services of an experienced personal injury attorney who will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you deserve.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Florida?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Florida is generally four years. This means that you will have four years from the date of your grocery store accident to bring attention to your personal injury claim. It is important that you file your claim within this timeframe to avoid being permanently time-barred from suing. The sooner you can file your claim, the better.
Contact Our Firm
For a skilled Tampa personal injury lawyer you can trust, contact The Frank Santini Law Firm today for a free initial consultation.