Hillsborough County Slip and Fall Lawyer
When most people hear the word “accident,” they imagine one or more motor vehicles colliding on the road. While in most cases, this is a fair assumption, the truth is, accidents can occur virtually anyplace, anytime, and if you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident, whether you were walking down the aisle at the supermarket or simply strolling down the sidewalk, you must speak with our knowledgeable Hillsborough County slip and fall lawyer today. Attorney Santini has helped slip and fall accident victims throughout the state of Florida for over a decade, and he is ready to put that same experience to work for you today. Contact The Frank Santini Law Firm today to learn more about slip & fall accidents and how our firm can assist you if you’ve been wrongfully harmed in one.Get Your Case Started
Why Hire a Hillsborough County Slip and Fall Lawyer?
Premises liability claims are notoriously difficult to win here in Florida, which is why if you’ve been wrongfully injured in a slip and fall accident, you mustn’t hire just any attorney. You can depend on our Tampa personal injury lawyer Frank Santini, Esq. who has years of handling premises liability claims to effectively represent your legal matter.
Our Legal Services | Hillsborough County Slip and Fall Lawyer
For decades, The Frank Santini Law Firm has helped fight for compensation on behalf of those who’ve been injured in a wide array of slip and fall accidents, including the following:
- Airport Accidents
- Defective Elevator Accidents
- Defective Escalator Accidents
- Drowning Accidents
- Hotel Accidents
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Restaurant Liability
- School Liability
- Sidewalk Accidents
- Supermarket Accidents
What to do After an Accident
After a slip and fall accident, one of the most important things you can do is document the facts surrounding the incident. If possible, you should take the following steps:
- Notify the property owner of the accident. If you were injured in a store, notify the store owner of the accident, as he or she should file a store incident report and call the police.
- If the police were not called to the scene of the accident, do so yourself, as they will send an ambulance and write up a police report.
- You should then take pictures of the unsafe property conditions that caused your accident before the property owner has a chance to clear those conditions away.
- Ask anyone who saw your accident for a written/recorded statement regarding the circumstances of your accident, as well as their contact information so they may corroborate your claim at a later date.
- Seek medical treatment and ensure your doctor provides you a copy with all documentation concerning the origin/extent of your injuries, as well as a copy of your medical bills.
- Hire an experienced Hillsborough County slip and fall lawyer who can work to uncover all additional evidence needed to prove your personal injury claim. In certain cases, we can subpoena security camera footage of the accident as it happened, which is perhaps the most foolproof way to win a personal injury claim.
- Ensure that you stay away from social media after filing your claim. You can bet that the insurance companies will be monitoring your accounts, and if you post anything that even remotely contradicts your claim, they may use it against you, even if they have to take it out of context.
Satisfying the Burden of Proof
To win a premises liability claim, you will have to hire an experienced Tampa personal injury attorney who can work to gather and present sufficient evidence to satisfy the burden of proof. Simply put, your attorney must prove that the property owner knew or should have known about the unsafe property conditions, failed to fix them, and that you were injured and sustained significant damages as a result. This is not always easy, which is why you simply cannot afford to go it alone. Our firm is here to help.
When it comes to personal injury claims, accident victims can generally seek compensation for two types of damages: economic damages and non-economic damages. While non-economic damages primarily refer to non-monetary, albeit very real damages, such as the loss of enjoyment of life and pain and suffering, economic damages deal primarily with the monetary damages you’ve incurred as the result of your accident, including lost wages from being unable to return to work, the cost of in-home care, multiple surgeries, multiple overnight stays in hospitals, and more. Our firm is here to fight for the full compensation you deserve and need to heal.
Statute of Limitations
The statute of limitations for most personal injury claims in Florida is four years. However, if you were injured in a slip and fall accident while on property owned by a government or municipality, you will have to take action in a shorter amount of time. When injured on property owned by a municipality, you must file a Notice of Claim within three years of the date of your accident, and from there, you must wait 180 days to file your personal injury claim. You must not wait any longer than the statute of limitations allows, for if you do, there is a very good chance that you will permanently relinquish your right to sue the negligent party for compensation. Our firm is here to assist you today.
Contact Our Hillsborough County Slip and Fall Lawyer
As you know, sustaining an injury due to no fault of your own is unacceptable, especially if that injury has long-term, or even permanent, consequences. Property owners are legally obligated to ensure their premises are safe for all passersby, and when they fail to do so, injuries can occur as a result. If you are someone who was recently injured in a slip and fall accident as a result of a negligent property owner, you’ve come to the right place. Here at The Law Office of Frank Santini, our Hillsborough County slip and fall lawyer has been a steadfast advocate of slip and fall accident victims in Tampa and throughout the state of Florida for decades, and he is ready to put his years of experience to work for you. Do not fight this uphill battle alone. Our firm is ready to work for the financial compensation you and your family deserve and need to heal. Contact our firm today to schedule your initial consultation so we can get started.