What steps should I take after a workplace accident?
If were injured in the workplace and would like to pursue legal action, it is important that you take a number of different steps to bolster the chances of recovering the compensation you deserve and need to move forward. If you are able, take the following steps after your accident:
- Inform your supervisor or employer of the incident. He or she should call an ambulance to the scene as well.
- Ask any witnesses for their contact information.
- If you were hurt by a defective product, ensure that you do not throw the defective product away, as it may be used as proof to prove the cause of your injury.
- Take photos and videos of the unsafe conditions that caused your accident before anyone has a chance to clear them away.
- Once you are treated at a hospital, make sure you ask your doctor for all medical documentation regarding your injuries.
- Hire a knowledgeable Riverview personal injury lawyer who can work to obtain all other evidence needed to establish your claim.
What are the different kinds of construction accidents that our firm has seen?
There are several types of construction accidents, and our firm handles them all. In most circumstances, these accidents are a result of negligence, either on the part of a supervisor, a property owner, or a product designer/manufacturer. Some of the most common types of construction accidents that our firm can take on include the following:
- Falling debris accidents
- Mixer accidents, defective machinery accidents
- Scaffold accidents
- Injuries sustained from explosions
At The Frank Santini Law Firm, we recognize that construction workers are the spine of our community, and without them, we wouldn’t have all of the establishments that we take for granted in life. Our firm is fully committed to assisting wrongly-injured construction workers to obtain the financial compensation they and their families need to heal.
What is a third-party claim?
Oftentimes, when workers are injured on the job, they will seek legal action through a workers’ compensation claim. Workers’ compensation benefits are designed to protect the cost of any work-related injuries or illnesses. However, there are instances when the cost of an injury surpasses the benefits provided in a workers’ compensation claim. In this instance, it is in your best interest to consider retaining the services of a lawyer who can file what is known as a third-party claim on your behalf. Basically, third-party claims seek to hold responsible third parties accountable for an injury. These parties can include product designers/manufacturers, property owners, independent contractors, and more. The purpose of filing third-party claims is to help the injured employee recover the full compensation he or she needs without having to pursue legal action against his or her employer directly.
Contact Our Firm
For a skilled Tampa personal injury lawyer you can trust, contact The Frank Santini Law Firm today for a free initial consultation.