What Does My Insurance Cover if I’m in a Car Accident in Riverview, FL?

What Does My Insurance Cover if I’m in a Car Accident in Riverview, FL?

Every time we step into a vehicle we put ourselves and others at risk. Of course, the overwhelming majority of the time we arrive at our intended destinations safely. But the reality is that, for most of us, driving our cars, motorcycles and trucks on Riverview roads like US-301, I-75, and Boyette, it is the riskiest thing we do on a given day.

What can I do to Protect Myself from Getting Sued for a Car Accident?

Your “liability” coverage on your auto insurance policy is what covers you if you are at fault for an accident. But the liability coverage is only as good as the coverage limits. The typical $10,000 / $20,000 liability limits (the cheapest by the way) won’t go very far in protecting you in a serious personal injury car accident in Riverview. Where this gets really scary is when the other driver – the one that hits you – has little liability coverage or none at all.

What do I do if the Driver who Hit Me Doesn’t Have Car Insurance?

Two letters – “UM” – this stands for “uninsured” or “underinsured” motorist coverage. This car accident insurance is akin to liability insurance for the at fault driver. If you suffer serious personal injuries in a Riverview car wreck and the negligent driver only had a $10,000 policy, your UM coverage gives you the ability to seek financial compensation from your own insurance company for your pain, suffering, and lost wages.

Riverview Car Accident Lawyer

Our car accident attorney in Riverview is here to answer any questions you have in a free and confidential consultation at (813) 445-6121.

Recent Posts



Let Us Get You Started In The
Right Direction

Fields marked with an * are required

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.