What Damages Can I Recover After My Rollover Accident in Florida?

What Damages Can I Recover After My Rollover Accident in Florida?

Types of Damages Can You Recover After a Rollover Accident in Florida

A rollover accident is a type of accident in which a vehicle flips over on its side or roof. Unfortunately, this is a fairly common type of accident among trucks and other commercial vehicles due to their higher center of gravity and uneven weight distribution. If you have been made a victim of a rollover accident, continue reading to learn what damages you can recover and how an experienced Hillsborough County truck accident lawyer at The Frank Santini Law Firm can help make this possible.

What are the common causes of rollover accidents in the state of Florida?

Generally, truck drivers themselves are to blame for rollover accidents. This is because they must keep in mind the heavy load, massive size, and uneven weight distribution of the truck when they navigate sharp turns or winding roads. And when they do not, a loss of control can cause them to roll over.

And yet, other causes of rollover accidents in the state of Florida include the following:

  • Other drivers act negligently on the road.
  • Other truck employees do not load the truck’s trailer evenly.
  • Truck employers do not schedule according to the legal limit of truck driving hours (i.e., 70 hours within a consecutive seven days).
  • Truck manufacturers do not identify faulty or malfunctioning truck parts.

What types of damages can I recover after my rollover accident?

As a victim of a rollover accident, you may want to recover the damages you incurred via a personal injury claim. If you win your case, you may be eligible to receive any or all of the following types of recovery:

  • Economic damages:
    • Your current and future medical bills (i.e., hospitalizations, surgeries, prescriptions, physical therapy, etc).
    • Your current and future lost wages due to your inability to return to work.
    • Your repair bills for your vehicle’s damages.
    • The economic value of your domestic services.
  • Non-economic damages:
    • Your physical pain and suffering.
    • Your emotional distress.
    • Your loss of consortium.
    • Your loss in ability to enjoy life.

What should I do to recover my damages?

In order to be successful in recovering your damages, you must have a successful claim. And to better your chances of a successful claim, you should do the following actions:

  1. Call the police at the scene of the accident.
  2. Attend medical treatment at the scene of the accident.
  3. Take photos and videos of the scene of the accident.
  4. Take down the information of involved parties and present witnesses.
  5. Schedule follow-up appointments with your doctor as recommended.
  6. Collect medical bills and other medical documents.
  7. Hire a skilled auto accident lawyer.
  8. File your personal injury claim before Florida’s statute of limitations (i.e., four years after your accident occurred).

Contact our firm to kickstart your claim today.

Recent Posts



Let Us Get You Started In The
Right Direction

Fields marked with an * are required

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.