What Are My Legal Options After a Car Accident in Florida?
Car accidents are serious. If you were hurt in one, look no further than The Frank Santini Law Firm to discuss the details of your case and your legal options with our skilled Riverview, Florida car accident lawyer today.Get Your Case Started
How do car accidents occur in Florida?
There are a number of different ways that car accidents can occur in Florida. However, keep in mind that the majority of them are a direct result of driver negligence. The most common negligent driving behaviors that result in accidents behind the wheel include the following:
- Distracted driving
- Texting while driving
- Disregarding road signs
- Failure to yield
- Driving while under the influence
- Using a mobile device while driving
What steps should I take after being injured in a car accident?
If you have been injured in a car accident and would like to pursue legal action it is critical that you take the following steps to protect yourself and provide you with the highest chances of a successful personal injury claim:
- Call 911. The police will provide medical attention to the scene of the accident by dispatching an ambulance. They will also complete a police report to document the accident.
- While you wait for the ambulance, be sure to gather any witnesses’ contact information including their names, number, and email address.
- Take plenty of photos and videos of the scene of the accident. This should include photos of any vehicle and property damage and of your injuries.
- Collect the other party’s insurance information. Keep any communication between you and the other party short and courteous.
- It is also best to avoid admitting any fault in the accident by apologizing in any way.
- Once the ambulance arrives, seek medical attention immediately.
- Be sure to collect all medical documentation relating to your treatment. These documents should display the date, time, and severity of your injuries.
- Retain the services of an experienced Tampa personal injury lawyer who will work to satisfy the burden of proof to prove your claim and obtain the compensation you need to move forward.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Florida?
The statute of limitations is typically four years for personal injury claims in Florida. This implies that you will have four years from the date of your accident to file your personal injury claim against the negligent party who is liable for your accident. This is critical to note because if you fail to take legal action within this period of time, you may lose the opportunity to file this claim entirely. Give our skilled firm a call today to ensure you are meeting each of your claim’s deadlines.
Contact Our Firm
For a skilled Tampa personal injury lawyer you can trust, contact The Frank Santini Law Firm today for a free initial consultation.