Steps to Follow After Being Injured in a Golf Cart Accident
What are the top causes of golf cart accidents?
The most common causes of golf cart accidents are typically a form of negligence or reckless behavior including the following:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Hanging leg outside of the golf cart
- Sharp turns
- Reversing downhill
- Leaving the brake unlocked upon exiting
- Driving over wet, muddy, or uneven terrain
- Passengers overcrowding the cart or standing
- Driving while distracted
- Inattentive vehicular drivers
What are the most common injuries sustained from golf cart accidents?
Golf cart accidents can cause serious, life-changing injuries. The most common injuries sustained from golf cart accidents are as follows:
- Leg injuries
- Foot injuries
- Strained neck
- Spinal injuries
- Damaged windpipes
- Broken broken
- Crush injuries
What should I do following a golf cart accident?
Take the following steps after being injured in a golf cart accident to protect yourself and your future personal injury claim to recover the compensation you deserve:
- Alert the authorities. The police should bring medical assistance to the scene of your accident. They will also document the incident by conducting a police report.
- While you wait for the police, collect any witnesses’ contact information.
- Take photos of damage and injuries that resulted from the accident.
- Once you have been treated medically, collect all documentation that relates to your injuries. This should include the date, time, and severity of your injuries.
- Contact an experienced Florida personal injury attorney who will work to satisfy the burden of proof necessary to recover the compensation you require to heal.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Florida?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims is typically four years. This means that from the date of your accident, you will have four years to take legal action against the negligent party responsible for your accident. It is important to take action as soon as possible by contacting an experienced personal injury attorney who will assist you with the claims filing process. Give our firm a call today to get started as soon as possible to avoid being barred from suing.
Contact Our Firm
For a skilled Tampa personal injury lawyer you can trust, contact The Frank Santini Law Firm today for a free initial consultation.