Injured in a Florida Parking Lot Accident? What To Know
Unfortunately, many parking lot accidents happen due to poor design or negligent actions. If you have been injured in a parking lot accident and sustained serious injuries, you may be eligible for financial compensation. To learn the steps you should take following a parking lot accident, continue reading and reach out to our experienced personal injury attorney today. Our firm is prepared to walk you through each step of the claims filing process today. We want each of our clients to be able to move forward with their lives after being injured due to no fault of their own.Get Your Case Started
What are the most common causes of parking lot accidents?
The most common causes of parking lot accidents are typically caused by negligent maintenance or improper design. The following are the most common factors that play a part in parking lot accidents:
- Standing water
- Inadequate security
- Insufficient parking lot lights
- Failure to remove weather-related hazards
What steps should I take following a parking lot accident?
It is important that you take each of the following steps after being injured in a parking lot accident to protect yourself and your future:
- Call the police. They will bring an ambulance to the scene and conduct a police report.
- While you wait for the ambulance, take photos of the scene of the accident and your injuries.
- Speak with any witnesses and collect their contact information.
- Seek medical attention as soon as the ambulance arrives.
- Collect all medical documentation relating to your treatment which should include the date, time, and severity of your injuries.
- Reach out to an experienced personal injury attorney who will work to recover the compensation you require to heal and move forward with your life. Your attorney will also obtain further evidence to support your claim such as security camera footage of the accident.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Florida?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims is generally four years in Florida. This is important to understand because it means that you will have a four-year window to take legal action against the negligent party that was responsible for causing your accident. Failure to file your claim within this window may result in you being permanently barred from suing. To take action as soon as possible, reach out to our experienced personal injury attorney who will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you require to heal. Give our firm a call to learn how we can assist you and to learn more about our services.
Contact Our Firm
For a skilled Tampa personal injury lawyer you can trust, contact The Frank Santini Law Firm today for a free initial consultation.