Hotel Accidents in Florida | What to Know
The thought of being involved in an accident will likely never cross your mind while you check into a hotel. However, hotel accidents occur much more than you might think. If you have been injured in a hotel accident, you are like looking to recover compensation for your damages. To learn more about filing a claim after a hotel accident and how our Hillsborough County slip and fall lawyer can assist you, continue reading. Here are some questions you may have:Get Your Case Started
What are the most common causes of hotel accidents?
There are various factors that may cause hotel accidents. Some of the most common causes and types of hotel accidents include the following:
- Food poisoning
- Accidents due to inadequate lighting
- Accidents due to inadequate security
- Unsanitary conditions
- Hot tub accidents
- Defective furniture accidents
- Gym equipment accidents
- Stairway accidents
- Elevator accidents
- Sidewalk accidents
- Escalator accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Parking garage accidents
What steps should I take after being injured in a hotel accident?
You must have a plan after being injured in a hotel accident. It is important to take the following steps while you are still at the scene of your accident to increase your chances of filing a successful personal injury claim:
- Call the police. They will file an accident report and bring medical assistance to the scene.
- Seek medical attention immediately, even if you do not feel injuries right away. It is possible for injuries to come up with time after an accident.
- It is important that you collect all medical documentation relating to your treatment. These documents should include the date, time, and severity of your injuries.
- Obtain any witnesses’ contact information. They may be able to corroborate your version of events.
- Take photos and videos of the scene of your accident and the hazardous conditions that caused your accident.
- Retain the services of an experienced Tampa personal injury attorney who will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you deserve. Our attorney may be able to collect further evidence to support your claim such as surveillance footage of your accident as it happened.
What is the statute of limitations for hotel accidents claims in Florida?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Florida is generally four years. This means that you will have four years from the date of your hotel accident to bring attention to your claim. It is important that you file your claim within this timeframe to avoid being barred from suing. To get started as soon as possible, reach out to our Tampa personal injury attorney today.
Contact Our Firm
For a skilled Tampa personal injury lawyer you can trust, contact The Frank Santini Law Firm today for a free initial consultation.