Can I Seek Legal Compensation After a Hotel Accident in FL?
If you were injured in a hotel accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Continue reading, and give our firm a call today to discuss your options with a skilled and dedicated Hillsborough slip and fall lawyer. We are on your side.Get Your Case Started
What are the most common causes of hotel accidents?
There are a number of different ways that hotel accidents can occur. Hotels offer a number of amenities that are beyond just a room to sleep in. This includes swimming pools, gyms, spas, and more. Because of this, it is up to the hotel owner/staff to make sure these services are properly maintained in order to prevent injuries. Some of the most common types of hotel accidents include the following:
- Stairway accidents
- Elevator accidents
- Sidewalk accidents
- Food poisoning
- Accidents due to inadequate lighting
- Accidents due to inadequate security
- Unsanitary conditions
- Hot tub accidents
- Defective furniture accidents
- Gym equipment accidents
- Escalator accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Parking garage accidents
What steps should I take after being injured in a hotel accident?
It is important that you follow specific steps after a hotel accident, especially if you have intentions of filing a legal claim. If you can, take the following measures:
- Call the police. They will file an accident report and dispatch medical assistance to the scene.
- Seek medical attention right away, even if you do not feel injuries instantly. It is possible for injuries to come up with time after an accident.
- It is essential that you gather all medical documentation relating to your treatment. These documents should include the date, time, and severity of your injuries.
- Obtain any witnesses’ contact information. They may be able to corroborate your version of events.
- Take pictures and videos of the scene of your accident and the dangerous conditions that caused your accident.
- Hire the services of a skilled Riverview personal injury lawyer who will work to fulfill the burden of proof to recover the compensation you deserve. Our attorney may be able to collect additional evidence to help your claim such as surveillance footage of your accident.
What is the statute of limitations for hotel accident claims in Florida?
Recognize that the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Florida is typically four years. This indicates that you will have four years from the date of your hotel accident to bring attention to your claim. It is critical that you file your claim within this period to avoid being banned from suing. To get started as soon as possible, give our legal team a call today. Our attorneys will ensure you are meeting your claim’s important deadlines.
Contact Our Firm
For a skilled Tampa personal injury lawyer you can trust, contact The Frank Santini Law Firm today for a free initial consultation.