What to Know About Being Injured in a Bicycle Accident
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident due to the negligence of another party, you may be eligible to recover financial compensation by filing a personal injury claim. To learn more about filing a valid claim and how our Tampa personal injury lawyer can assist you, continue reading and contact our firm. Here are some questions you may have:Get Your Case Started
What are the most common causes of bicycle accidents in Florida?
Bicycle accidents are unfortunately caused by many forms of motorist negligence. The most common forms of negligence behind the wheel to lead to bicycle accidents are as follows:
- Navigating directions while driving
- Disciplining raucous children while driving
- Texting while driving
- Failing to yield
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Unsafe lane changes
- Ignoring traffic signs and lights
- Driving while fatigued
- Smoking or eating while driving
- Not checking blind spots
- Failing to comply with other rules and regulations of the road
What should I do following a bicycle accident?
While you are still at the scene of your bicycle accident, consider taking the following steps to increase your chances of filing a successful personal injury claim:
- Alert the authorities. The police will document the accident by conducting a police report. They will also bring medical assistance to the scene.
- While you wait for the ambulance to arrive, if you can, collect any witness’s contact information. This should include their name, phone number, and email address.
- Take photos and videos of the scene of your accident. Take photos of any hazards that led to your accident as well as any damage to vehicles and property involved.
- Seek medical treatment as soon as the ambulance arrives.
- Collect all relevant medical documentation once your treatment is complete.
- Retain the services of a knowledgeable and skilled personal injury attorney who will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you deserve.
What is the statute of limitations for bicycle accident claims in Florida?
In Florida, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is generally four years. This means that you must file your claim within four years from the date of your bicycle accident. Failure to file your claim within this timeframe may result in you being permanently time-barred from suing. To avoid this and to get started with this process as soon as possible, do not hesitate to contact our experienced firm. We are prepared to take on your case when you are ready. Give our firm a call today to schedule our initial consultation with our team. We are here to help.
Contact Our Firm
For a skilled Tampa personal injury lawyer you can trust, contact The Frank Santini Law Firm today for a free initial consultation.