What Steps Should I Take Following a Stairwell Accident?
You may be eligible to recover compensation in a personal injury claim if you have been injured in a stairwell accident due to no fault of your own. To learn the best steps to take following a stairwell accident, continue reading. Reach out to our experienced personal injury attorney today to discuss your possibility of filing a valid claim. Our legal team is here to help. Give our firm a call to schedule your initial consultation to discuss our services and how we can assist you, no matter the circumstance of your accident and injuries.Get Your Case Started
What are the most common causes of stairwell accidents?
The most common causes of stairwell accidents are as follows:
- Missing steps
- Inadequate security
- Damaged steps
- Uneven spacing between steps
- Loose railings
- Poor lighting in the stairwell
What steps should I take after being injured in a stairwell accident?
If you have been injured in a stairwell accident, the immediate moments following your accident are crucial for decision-making. Be sure to take the following steps to protect yourself in these moments as well as setting yourself up for a successful personal injury claim, should you chose to take legal action in the future:
- Call the police. They will bring an ambulance to the scene to treat any injuries you have sustained. They will also document the accident by conducting a police report.
- While you wait for the ambulance to arrive, if you are able to, take photos of the scene. These photographs should include any hazards that had a part in your accident including uneven spacing, damaged steps, poor lighting, etc.
- If there were any witnesses to your accident, collect their contact information including their name, email address, and phone number.
- Seek medical attention as soon as the ambulance arrives.
- Be sure to collect all documents relating to your treatment.
- Retain the services of a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer who will work to satisfy the burden of proof necessary to receive the financial compensation you require to heal.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Florida?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims is generally four years in Florida. This means that you will have four years from the date of your accident to take legal action. Most importantly, the statute of limitations means that if you fail to file your claim after four years, you may risk being permanently barred from taking legal action. The sooner you are able to bring attention to your claim, the better. Contact our firm today to begin this journey to compensation.
Contact Our Firm
For a skilled Tampa personal injury lawyer you can trust, contact The Frank Santini Law Firm today for a free initial consultation.