Hillsborough County Car Accident Lawyer
Throughout the state of Florida, thousands of car accidents occur each year. In those accidents, thousands of people are, unfortunately, wrongfully injured as a result. Car accidents are jarring, devastating, and can have lifelong impacts on injured parties, and if you’ve been wrongfully injured in a car accident in Florida, our Hillsborough County car accident lawyer is here. Contact The Frank Santini Law Firm today to learn more about what our firm can do for you.Get Your Case Started
Why Hire a Hillsborough County Car Accident Lawyer?
When someone is injured in a car accident, it is always best to retain the services of an attorney who is familiar with the area. Our firm is based in Hillsborough County, and so we know the roads and local motorists’ driving habits like the back of our hand. If you’ve been injured in a Hillsborough County car accident, hire a Tampa personal injury lawyer best-suited to represent your case.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents can happen for many different reasons, and though at times, they are completely unavoidable, this is generally not the case. Under most circumstances, car accidents are caused by driver negligence. Some of the most common forms of driver negligence that our firm sees are as follows:
- Distracted Driving: When we think of distracted driving, the first thing that comes to mind is texting while driving. Though texting while driving is truly an epidemic in our society, there are other forms of distracted driving that also classify as driver negligence. For example, at times, children in the backseat may distract a driver by causing him or her to take their eyes off the road. Another form of distracted driving is multitasking. For example, many drivers will try to do their make-up, eat, or fiddle with the radio while driving. That being said, distracted driving is always considered a negligent act, and if you were injured by a distracted driver, there is a very good chance that you will have a valid personal injury claim.
- Driving While Under the Influence: Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is something that no one should even consider, as they put both themselves and others at risk. Unfortunately, the risks that driving while under the influence pose do not deter all motorists from doing so. When someone is injured in an accident at the hands of a drunk driver, they need the assistance of an attorney who can handle the complexities of such cases, as oftentimes, a criminal element is also involved.
- Driving While Fatigued: While many of us are guilty of driving home while tired after a long day of work, the truth is, this is negligent, as fatigued driving inhibits our reflexes and our ability to drive to our fullest capability. If you were injured because of a fatigued driver, or because of someone who was asleep at the wheel, you will most likely have a valid personal injury claim.
- Speeding: Speeding is also one of the most common causes of car accidents. The fact is, speed limits are in place for a reason, and when people speed, they put themselves and all those around them at risk. Those injured due to drivers who were exceeding the speed limit almost always qualify for compensation.
Common Injuries Sustained in Car Accidents
Unfortunately, many different types of injuries can occur as a result of serious car accidents. Some of the most common injuries sustained in car accidents include brain injuries, such as concussions, brain bleeds, and contusions. Additionally, back injuries and neck injuries are also very common in car accidents. Furthermore, spinal cord injuries, neck and back injuries (e.g. whiplash, herniated discs, ruptured discs, and spinal fractures) are also common. After serious car accidents, amputations are also possible, and, in the worst cases, car accidents can be fatal. Rather obviously, if you or a loved one has wrongfully sustained any of these injuries as a result of a negligent party, you are most likely now seeking the compensation to which you are entitled. Our firm is here to help.
What Should I do After a Car Accident?
After a car accident, it is critical that you take several steps to document the accident and increase your chances of winning a personal injury claim. Those steps are as follows:
- Call the police. They will document the incident and send an ambulance to the scene.
- Ask the other driver for his or her insurance information.
- Ask any witnesses for their name, phone number, email address, and any other means by which you may contact them at a further date so they can corroborate your story.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident.
- Seek immediate medical attention.
- Ask your doctor for all medical documentation/bills associated with your injury.
- Retain the services of an experienced Hillsborough County car accident lawyer. In many cases, our firm can work to uncover additional evidence needed to satisfy the burden of proof, such as surveillance footage of your accident as it happened. As long as we can demonstrate that you were injured as a direct result of another party’s negligence, you should have a valid personal injury claim.
What if I Was Injured as a Passenger in a Car Accident?
Oftentimes, when people are injured as passengers, they are in their friend’s or relative’s car. While nobody wants to sue their friend or relative for an injury, it does not change the fact that they are seriously injured. Fortunately, when someone files a lawsuit after being injured as a passenger, they are not suing the driver directly; they are instead suing the driver’s insurance company, generally not costing their friend or loved one a dime.
The Statute of Limitations for Car Accident Injuries in Florida
The statute of limitations for car accident injuries in Florida is, in most cases, four years, which means you should not wait any longer than four years from the date of your accident to sue. Our firm is ready to begin the fight for your rightful compensation today.
Contact our Hillsborough County Car Accident Lawyer
If you’ve been injured in an auto accident in Florida, it is critical that you retain the services of a knowledgeable Hillsborough County car accident lawyer as soon as you can. The Frank Santini Law Firm is here to guide you through every step of the claims process ahead. Contact our firm to schedule your initial consultation.